S.A.R. is one of the most specific and advanced courses: search and rescue with proper equipment for these objectives.
- 3 days
- good physical health, fair swimming skills, possession of valid Whitewater Technician Rescuer 1 license
- Aimed to
- all those who need an advanced formation about search of floatings and rescue with motor, oars or paddles, in both simple and complex sceneries
S.A.R. is a highly advanced course supplied by Rescue Project School, regarding search and rescue with proper equipment for these objectives. The uniqueness of this course is the complex program that encloses the use of different kinds of boats, to form rescuers with basic knowledge to deal with various emergencial situations. The course lasts three days and is characterized by a very intensive program. It is required to own a valid license of Whitewater Technician Rescuer 1 to access to this course.
During the first day, the main techniques of navigation on raft, both with motor and paddle, will be explained and enhanced. The second day regards kataraft navigation techniques with oars or motor. The third and last day is mainly characterized by navigation tests, with paddle, oars and motor, with proper rescue maneuvers to deal with any kind of emergency.
The course is held by highly qualified teachers who are specialized in rescue and emergency staff formation, Rescue Project instructors are rafting teachers with Rescue Project School specialization in oars, paddle and motor boats navigation. The School is widely recognized for its high standards in matter of river and flood rescuers’ formation.
By the end of the course, participants will have acquired knowledge and awareness on various rescue techniques on boat, with and without motor.
What will be released
- Natatory skills certificate
- Correct use of PPE certificate
- Motor and paddle navigation license on 3 level rivers and alluvial whitewater
- It is possible to rent personal protection devices, swimsuit, homologated helmet and lashing
- It is possible to organize and integrate BLS-D course ( Basic Life Support with defibrillator )
- You can ask for support in finding your accommodation nearby our site