This course is for those who want to approach or to perfect their packraft techniques sticking to safety conditions.
- 3 days
- good physical health, good swimming skills
- Aimed to
- all those who need a good formation to safely approach to whitewater with the use of a packraft
The course of packraft is structured in 3 days of formation and is aimed to all those who want to improve their techniques or approach to this matter.
Packraft is a very adaptable floating and was born in the world of hiking/exploration. Its weight (not much more than 5kg) and its versatility have made it a very useful tool for intervention in case of necessity, for ferries and short navigations. It is for sure more practical than a kayak.
It is much easier to learn to use a packraft than a kayak and it lets beginners enter river in a shorter time. It may be used on mixed territories and it can be easily transported in a backpack while riding a bike or walking and it can be floated charging a bike.
Even if it is simple to use, it is still important to pay attention to environmental risks where it will be used.
The program concentrates the most on technical aspect, related to rescue, self rescue and first aid. It is also fundamental to pay attention to some hiking basics, such as reading a geographical map and orientation.
The course is held by rescue instructors, rafting instructors, canoe instructors.
What will be acquired
- Swimming skills certificate
- Whitewater Technician Rescuer license with specialization on packraft, in accordance with Italian applicable law D.Lgs 81/08
- Correct use of PPE
- It is possible to rent all the necessary equipment for the course: protection devices, swimsuit, homologated helmet, homologated lashing.
- It is possible to organize and integrate BLS-D Course (Basic Life Support - defibrillator)
- You can ask for support in finding your accommodation nearby our site