This course is mainly aimed at rescue professionals who need a specific formation, both theoretical and practical, about river and flood rescue
- 3 days
- good physical health, fair swimming skills
- the course is aimed at all those who need a good formation about whitewater and alluvial conditions with adequate awareness and knowledge of procedures and maneuvers of self-rescue and of a rapid and efficient assistance in case of emergency.
The course for Whitewater Technician Rescuer 1 Rescue Project requires 3 days of lessons, 30 hours overall, divided in 8-10 hours of mostly theoretical lessons and the remaining of the hours in practical exercises in whitewater.
This course is gathered toward rescue personnel who need a specific formation, both theoretical and practical, on swiftwater and flood rescue. The following categories are therefore involved: national and international rescue personnel (firefighters, alluvial police), civil protection and “Red Cross” volunteers and all other agencies of emergency, both national and voluntary.
It is suggested but not required to acquire a BLS.D certificate to sign up to the course. In order to take part to the course it is necessary to have good physical health and sufficient swimming skills.
River and flood rescue’s formation is a highly specific and delicate subject, which requires a highly qualified and competent personnel.
To teach the correct behaviours, the standard procedures and the right mental attitude toward swiftwater, both on river and during floods, it is required to have acquired extremely specific formation and and a lot of practical experience on water. Therefore, the school Rescue Project has been entitled as a guarantee of professionalism and competence, thanks to its instructors who have acquired a complete and cross-disciplinary curriculum.
What will be released
- Natatory skills certificate, tested by our rescuer instructor, licensed as a lifeguard educator
- ATP certificate ( auto-protection ), in accordance with Italian applicable law D.Lgs 81/08
- It is possible to rent all the necessary equipment for the course: protection devices, swimsuit, homologate helmet, homologate lashing.
- It is possible to organize and integrate BLS-D course ( Basic Life Support with defibrillator)
- You can ask for support in finding your accommodation nearby our site